Monday, July 2, 2018

Humility

Hello Everyone,

This week went pretty smoothly with the beginning of another transfer, there were some missionaries that got transferred from my zone and then there were other missionaries that came took their place and they came and got right to work, of course no two transfers are the same so anything can happen at anytime because after all we all just servants of the Lord so as missionaries we need to be humble and ready to submit to his will and to follow the instructions of our Mission President because he receives revelations that come from Heavenly Father as to how we can improve ourselves and become better representatives of his Son Jesus Christ. I know that my Mission President received a call that came from God just like I did to come and to serve here in the Philippines Naga Mission and I know that it is not by accident that the two of us are here at the same time in the same mission, the Lord has a work for us to do and that is what I have been doing my best to accomplish over the time that I have been here in the Philippines that work that the Lord has placed before me. Things have been a little different now that me and Elder Teisina are the only missionaries now in the Sipocot Branch but that is how a mission is I would say because like I said earlier I am not here on a mission to do whatever I think is best on a given day and time, but that I am here to find out what Heavenly Father wants for his children and how that I can help them prepare to return back to him when the time comes that he calls them back home.

Humility I think is something that takes a lot of practice and patience to obtain, recently I have been thinking a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and for me that is a great example of humility that the Savior demonstrated for all us, as we remember when Jesus Christ's ministry was about to end on Earth a few of the last things that he did before ascended into heaven was, first he had the Last Supper with his Apostles he showed his Apostles how to preform the sacrament, how to brake bread and bless it and then he blessed the wine (now we use water) we remember that the bread represents the body of Jesus that he sacrificed for us all and then the wine symbolizes his blood that he shed for us all, the he took a walk to the Garden of Gethsemane to which he suffered for all the sins of the world, he took upon himself all of the sins, pain, sicknesses, everything that we could possible experience here on Earth he experience and he paid the price for all of our sins so that if we repent we can become clean and have the chance to return to live with our Father in Heaven. The Savior of the World even Jesus Christ while he was in the garden asked his Father if it be possible let this cup pass from me nevertheless not as I will but as thou wilt, here we will see the humility of our Savior because he submitted to the will of his Father he asked if there was any other way to accomplish the task at hand but if there was no other way he said that he would do it because that was the will of the Father. Then we know that Jesus Christ was crucified and then we was laid in a tomb and then on the third day he rose from the grave breaking the bands of death for everyone who would ever live here on Earth, because Christ rose from the grave and was resurrected us too will receive resurrected bodies, I think that this is a great example for all of us that whatever Heavenly Father asks us to do we need to be ready to follow his counsel because he knows what we need to become who he really intends us to become. 

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and it surrounds the event that I mentioned earlier the Atonement of Jesus Christ I know that as we strive to apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives we will find that our everyday tasks will become easier and we will see that it will be easier to forgive our neighbors, we will feel the love of our Savior in more abundance in our lives I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and that it is here to help us as we continue forward on the path that we are on that leads us back to our Father in Heaven.

Love,
Elder Chilson               

No comments:

Post a Comment