Monday, July 16, 2018

Exchanges

Hello Everyone,

This week was another pretty busy week for me with a lot of traveling and having exchanges with different missionaries in my zone, in all honesty when I first got here in the mission I was not that fond of missionaries exchanges because I did not really like being separated from my companion and working in different areas but as I have matured here in that mission my views on missionary exchanges have changed I especially now as a mission leader I have come to see how exchanges are not just required as missionaries but how they are great learning tools as well. This can also be applied to our own lives as well even if we are not missionaries, there are so many different things that we can learn from the different people that we talk to and interact with on a daily basis. I am reminded to a time when I was in 4th Grade and my teacher taught us 3 different ways to solve multiplication equations using the Algorithm, Factoring Method, and the Lattuce Method thought I do not know how to do all of those methods at the moment the point is that as humans we all think different and all or our brains work differently and there is not just one way to do things but that there are many different combinations of ways that we can accomplish tasks that are placed before us and that is something that I have learned from having exchanges with different missionaries that there are many different ways to do missionary work and they are all right because they all accomplish the task at hand of helping Heavenly Father's children return back to him the the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I am also grateful for the chances that I had this past week so provide various forms of service to members and nonmembers, I think that service is just one of the best things that we can do with our time here on Earth because that is what Jesus Christ did while he was here on the Earth he provided service to everyone that he was around and we can do that too we can provide service to our next door neighbor or anyone that we see might need help carrying something inside or whatever it may be I know that when we serve our fellow man Heavenly Father rejoices because that is what he wants he wants his children to be able to help each other. I am so blessed that at a pretty young age I had several examples in my life of people who love to serve others (I am not going to name names but you know who you are) so I am so blessed as to have inherited this skill or trait if you will. One of the biggest reasons that I wanted to serve a mission in the first place was so that I could serve others because at a young age I was exposed to the joy that comes from helping and serving others and I would say that has not left me but that has just increased throughout my life and especially since I have been here on my mission in the Philippines as well.

I know that Heavenly Father is very patient and loving and he wants all of his children to be able to be able to live with him again eternally, and I know that is one of the reasons why I was called to come here to the Philippines so that I can do just that to help his children find and get on the path that leads back to him to our heavenly home. I know that Jesus Christ is the way that makes this all possible with the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can become cleansed from all of our sins and we can become worthy to once again stand in the presence of our Father in Heaven. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and love us very much and that they are cheering us on to make the right choices and to continue to listen to the words of our prophet and I know that there is safety in the words of the prophets and the words of the scriptures especially the Book of Mormon I know that it true and that it has been given to us at this time for our time and I know that as we continue to read it and ponder its words we will find answers to our questions and we will find guidance, knowledge and refuge in the world that we live in today.  

Love,
Elder Chilson                

No comments:

Post a Comment