Monday, July 9, 2018

Demolish Part of a House

Hello Everyone,

This week was another pretty busy week for me but that is nothing new, I thought that my life was busy while I was in high school and it was I was involved in many different activities and sports at school, but I would say here in the mission I have been more busy and sometimes you really have to make some important decisions because as much as you want to say that you can do it all it is really hard and nearly impossible to do so those are just a few things that I have experienced since I have been here in my mission and that is why I want to share a little bit about our agency and decision making. Our Father in Heaven loves us so much that he gave us the gift of agency or the ability to choose for ourselves this was discussed in the pre-existence before we can here to Earth we all agreed to Heavenly Father's plan where Jesus Christ would come and preform an atonement or pay the price of our sins in the event that we make wrong choices and we sin, we would not be stuck but we would have a way to escape and repent and become clean again so that we can still have a chance to return and life with our Heavenly Father again. Our decision making in this life is really important because the choices that we make now will affect who we become in the future so we need to choose wisely and counsel with our Heavenly Father when we are making important life defining choices he will be there to help us and guide us as to choose the right. 

As we know there is oppositions in all things so of course Satan wants us to make the wrong choices and he wants us to think that we cannot become clean again and return to the presence of our Father in Heaven but this is simply not true as I explained above Jesus Christ came down to Earth and preformed a perfect, infinite atonement for all of us as he was instructed to do so by his father. I know that Satan is always there tempting us to make the wrong choices and to commit the "little sins" in the event that no one will notice and we will not need to repent. I know that we live in a world of confusion and people usually put themselves first before God but I know that if we always put Heavenly Father first and we pray and talk with him openly daily and we study and ponder his words in the scriptures and if we set aside time on the Sabbath so that we can go to church and worship him and partake of the sacrament we will be blessed for our efforts and we will not regret it it says in 3 Nephi 13:33 and Matt 6:33 "33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." I know that this is true and that we will blessed according to the desires of our hearts, it all depends on where our hearts are at. 

Also I had a special chance to help provide some service to a member in the branch where I am serving this past week me and my companion helped the Elders Quorum literally demolish a part of the house of the member because they want to build it up again with cinder blocks so we used hammer ans crow bars and took apart the house essentially it was just some nails and some 2x4's and so we just disassembled it and I enjoyed it and I was just really thankful for the chance that we had to serve a Child of God we should not pass up on opportunities so serve one another especially our friends and neighbors there are people out there that need our help and most of the time we will be sent by Heavenly Father to help them as his disciples and obviously it is inconvenient and we might not think that we have enough time to help but we just need to look past that and identify what is the most important either doing whatever worldly thing that we have planned on our agenda or making a small sacrifice helping a son of daughter of our Heavenly Father who needs our help. Obviously this is a little bit of an extreme comparison but I think that you understand the point. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us very much and that they want us to do our part in helping our brothers and sister return back to their presence. 

Love,
Elder Chilson           

No comments:

Post a Comment