Monday, July 30, 2018

Simply Doing the Lord's Work

Hello Everyone,

This week was another pretty smooth and busy week for me I did some traveling and I had some fun just simply doing the Lord's Work, there was nothing fancy, no secret tactics or anything it was just as it says in Preach My Gospel that, "Nothing Happens in Missionary Work until You find someone to teach" so as missionaries this is something that we do just about every minute we are outside walking and proselyting and this is something that me and my companion did a lot of this past week so that we can find more people to teach and I would argue that this is sometimes one of the most challenging parts of missionary work as well, I have seen this throughout my mission that sometimes it is difficulty to find the people that are ready to accept the gospel but when you actually find those people and then you know that they are ready to receive the gospel because the Holy Ghost told you that they are ready that is one of the most rewarding feelings as a missionaries in my opinion it is awesome because you know that you found the person or Heavenly Father's son or daughter that is ready to receive the gospel and get on the road that leads back to him and eternal life. I am so thankful for all the blessings and miracles that I have seen and experienced here on my mission I know that I am a part of the Lord's work and that he is mindful of all of his servants and that he loves all of us and I have seen his hand in his work as I have labored here in the Philippines.

Yesterday I had District Conference with all of the branches in the Pamplona District and there was an Area Seventy presiding and his name was Elder Pagaduan (I am sorry I do not have time to explain all of those terms I would if I could) he told a story as he was the concluding speaking the conference and he talked about how he was 1 year old when his parents joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and that his father was a devote Methodist and how his mother was a devote Catholic and I thought to myself and said wow that is exactly how my parents were as well my father was Methodist and my mother was Catholic and so I just thought that was interesting how Heavenly Father is preparing the hearts of his children to accept the gospel I know that there are people all over the world in various countries that are accepting the gospel I will never forget when I was in the MTC Manila and the second day I was there we had a meeting with President Trask (who was the MTC President at the time he is not anymore) and there are gained a witness or in other words the Holy Ghost spoke to my heart and told me that the church was true here in the Philippines just as it is in America and since then and through my service here in the Philippines my testimony has only gotten stronger I know that anywhere we go the church is still true because it is not a church of man but it is Jesus Christ's church and since Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World his church is the same throughout the globe.

I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father know us individually and personally and they want us to succeed and they will do anything for us that is according to their will so that we can succeed I know that when Jesus Christ visited the Americas he visited everyone "one by one" as it talks about in the Book of Mormon and I know that as it was in the days of the Book of Mormon it is still the same now that Jesus Christ visits us one by one as we seek and desire his help the atonement is always available to us if we will just open our hearts to him and to Heavenly Father are all his children and he knows us all by name and we know that Jesus Christ is our Good Shepherd and he knows his sheep. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live and love us very much and they rejoice when we choose the right and they are sad when we choose poorly and falter but I know that they will never go so far away that it will be impossible for us to catch up and return and get back on the path that leads us back to our heavenly home because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ there is always hope, and a second chance waiting for us just a short distance ahead from where we are, we need on to take hold and press forward..

Love,
Elder Chilson              

No comments:

Post a Comment