Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Sunday

Hello Everyone,

I hope that everyone had a joyous Easter Sunday yesterday for me it was a pretty normal Sunday for me because outside of going to church the Filipinos do not really have any big traditions or anything that they do special for Easter here but that is fine, I enjoyed remembering Jesus Christ through the scriptures this week I did sort of a special study about the life of Jesus Christ in the Book of Mormon and in the New Testament. Outside of that this is my first time experiencing "Transfers" from the view of a Zone Leader so it is a little different I have experienced "Transfers" from many different points of view throughout my mission and this is just another experience to add to my book of experiences so to speak as a missionary. There are several missionaries that are transferring from my zone tomorrow but I am still excited because the missionaries worked really hard last transfer and this transfer I think they are going to be able to harvest the seeds that they planted lasted transfer so I am excited for that speaking of harvesting me and Elder Abrigo had a baptism last Saturday and it was awesome I really enjoyed it and I felt so happy for the person that got baptized after her baptism she was speechless and she was just overwhelmed with the Spirit those are the kinds of moments as a missionary that are priceless because you know that you did your job right because you know and God knows that you did all that you could to help that person get closer to their Savior Jesus Christ and ultimately return back to their Father in Heaven. 

This past week was Holy Week as we know so our work was a little bit different the Catholic population here in the Philippines is really large so most people were really busy this past week with their families and vacationing so me and Elder Abrigo had to work sort of extra hard so to speak so that we could continue to fulfill our purpose as missionaries even though sometimes the other people do not really want to cooperate but you cannot really blame them because they are legitimately busy. I would just like to share that I know that we are so blessed to have the religious freedoms that we have here in this world (I realize that there are some areas of the world that do not really have religious freedoms and that is tough) but in the areas of the world that do have it we are so blessed and I know that that is one of the blessing that Heavenly Father has given to us and I know that that is part of his great plan for all of his children. I know with all of my heart that Heavenly Father wants all of this children to be able to return to him I have felt that time and time again since I have been here serving my mission here in the Philippines I know that Heavenly Father loves all of his children perfectly and as we turn to him in prayer often I that he will come to our aid and he will help us with the things that we are struggling with and he will give us comfort. I have also experienced this throughout my mission as well I know that Heavenly Father lives and that Jesus Christ lives and I know that he rose again as well so that we all can rise again as well when the time comes. I hope that as you all go throughout this week you can see the hand of the Lord in your lives because I know that he is not that far away if we will open our eyes and just look him.

Love,
Elder Chilson              

No comments:

Post a Comment