Monday, April 23, 2018

Pasacao

Hello Everyone,

This week was a pretty fun week for me because I took a temporary assignment in Pasacao which is an area inside of the Pamplona Zone of which I am the Zone Leader of because a companionship needed some help so I of course was happy to serve then and help them with whatever they needed, I was with Elder Mafi in Pasacao and he is a missionary from Tonga and he is really funny and I really enjoyed working with him but now I am back in Sipocot with Elder Abrigo and we are preparing for the Zone Conference that we have this week. I am so thankful for the opportunities that I have to be able to help and serve the missionaries that are in my Zone, you never know how Heavenly Father will work through his servants to help his children or in this case missionaries with whatever they may be in need of at that apparent time it is such a great feeling when you have the chance to be an instrument in the Lords hands and to be able to work through him to accomplish the work that he has prepared for us to perform. 

I have a sort of quick story to tell that you might think is funny so this past Saturday I had the chance to provide some service for a member in the Pamplona Branch and it was a lot of fun we worked in a rice field I dug some trenched for water to pass through and I moved dirt and we also cleaned out some other greenery that was getting pretty high and the funny part was that after we provided the service we were invited inside to have a quick snack so here in the Philippines when they say lets have a snack that means they have some sort of pasta prepared so we said sure we ate some pasta and I was pretty full then another thing here in the Philippines is that they usually always have rice at every meal so after we had that snack the father of the family to which we gave to service told us in so many words okay are you guys ready for lunch because it was lunch time at the time and then I looked at my companion and said didn't we just eat and then we were like yes but that was just a snack he said so now we are going to have lunch well that is pretty hard to have lunch we you are already full but the worst thing that you can do is when a Filipino gives you some food to not eat is so of course we have some rice and the other food that was prepared so we were really full when we left that house and those are basically the two main food groups here in the Philippines pasta and rice that is what they eat mostly everyday.

I really love the hospitality of the Filipinos they are so nice they will basically invite anyone into their houses even if it is really inconvenient because it is in their culture they will go out of their way to give the missionaries food and anything that you may be in need of they will get it for you they really do love their missionaries here in the Philippines and that is ultimately how the Gospel of Jesus Christ got here to the Philippines in the first place was because of missionaries and I am so thankful for being another missionary here in the Philippines to keep the work of the Lord moving here in the Philippines this is such a chosen and prepared land for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father is preparing his children everyday to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ and as his disciples we need to be ready always to share that special message that we have in whatever setting we are in because there are people out there that are waiting for us to open our mouths and share it with them because they do not know where to find peace in this life and I know that we can find peace and safety in this life because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Love,
Elder Chilson             

No comments:

Post a Comment