Monday, April 16, 2018

Patience

Hello Everyone,

This past week was pretty good because me and Elder Abrigo worked really hard we worked with many different members this past week because we are trying to find some good fellow shippers for our investigators that we have right now because I have seen and now have a stronger testimony that the members are essential in missionary work the missionaries are simply just the placeholders for the Lord so to speak because the missionaries can be transferred at any time, they will leave eventually, and they only have 2 years to give all that they have to the Lord but the members are not just placeholders because they will be there forever, the missionaries have to put their trust in the members because missionaries need them every missionaries knows that they are essentially nothing without the help of the members at least that has been some of my experiences since I have been serving here in the Philippines I know that as the Lord prepares his children to receive his gospel he also prepared members also to be able to help out in that process because the missionary work is not just the work of the missionaries alone that is one of the common misconceptions when it comes to missionary work but as I have worked in the shoes of the missionary for a time I have come to know that the missionaries need the help of the members in order for them to be successful and I have been very blessed because as I have been serving here in the Philippines there are awesome members everywhere that I have been assigned and I will be ever so grateful to them and for the service that they rendered for the work of the Lord.

Also right now I would like to just share a bit about patience I know that patience is something that we need to have to grow and to become the people that Heavenly Father wants us to be sometimes we have ideas of how things are supposed to work out and what we are supposed to do and then we find out that Heavenly Father had a better idea because he has the big picture he loves us more that we can comprehend here on Earth and I know that Heavenly Father gives us experiences so that we can learn and grow and to be able to develop the gifts that we has given us. I know that we all have talents and gifts that Heavenly Father has given us and I know that we all have a purpose as to why we were sent here to Earth at this present time and I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for all that he has given me, he has given me so much and it is natural to feel sometimes that we do not measure or that we are not good enough because I think that in this life we will always fall a little short because this life is not perfect and we are not yet perfect but I know that as we continue to do our best to repent and turn to the Lord he will great us with open arms ready to embrace us. 

I know that as we continue to be teachable and to serve the Lord with a willing heart that we will gain so much happiness and that we will want to share that happiness with others and I know that desire will lead us to do the things that the Savior would do if he were here I know that Heavenly Father is counting on us to help his children come back to him and I know that we can do this as we continue to look for opportunities to serve his children here on Earth and I know that with great sacrifice come great blessings I know that Heavenly Father is only a prayer a way and that the atonement of Jesus Christ is always there for us to grab and use it, it will never run out or expire until at least our Savior and King even Jesus Christ returns here to Earth for his 2nd Coming and I hope that we will all do our best to prepare for that day.

Love,
Elder Chilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment