Monday, January 29, 2018

Super Bowl

Hello Everyone,

This week was another week that did not go quite as planned but that is okay, the plan was to have the wedding and then by the end of the week have the baptism but that did not really work out we had the wedding and that was no problem but the baptism part did not go through as I had intended to because some things came up that I did not see coming but that is missionary life sometimes so I am not phased by it hopefully this week the baptism will take place, everything is now in place and now everything is in Heavenly Father's hands and I know that he will come through because he always does, countless times during my mission I was in need of his help and he came through and I know that is still true and that will never change as long as we are doing the things that we are supposed do and staying obedient to the commandments that Heavenly Father gives to us. 

As these different events took place last week my thoughts were turned a little bit to the Super Bowl actually because I know that the Super Bowl is soon and obviously it takes a lot of preparation to go to the Super Bowl and many things have to work in your favor and in a lot of ways having a baptism is like that as well because in order to have a baptism many things have to take place at the right time for instance someone has to become converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ and that is not something that just takes place over night just like going to the Super Bowl that is not something that just happens over night but it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to be able to win all the games that you have to in the regular season and in the playoffs in order to make it to the Super Bowl and that is similar as well in order to makes it to the waters of baptisms someone has to work as hard as they can to fight off the temptations and doubts that Satan will through at one person and they have to do all they can to stay worthy in order to make a true and lasting covenant with our Heavenly Father. 

Also a quick story so I am not a cook by any means but I know how to cook the basic food and just the other day I said to myself that I was going to make some pasta to eat and I was like okay I can do this and then after looking at the pasta for a little bit I was a little puzzled as to what I was supposed to do I was unsure if I was supposed to put the past in the pot before the water boiled of if I should wait until the water had boiled and then I should add the pasta to the pot. After a quick silent prayer and a little bit of pondering I boiled the water and then added the pasta afterwards and then I let the pasta cook and it turned out to be okay. So I thought that was a little funny. I hope that all of you enjoy the Super Bowl if you get a chance to watch it because that is one of the best days of the year.

Love,
Elder Chilson 

Elder Chilson and an office missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment