Monday, January 8, 2018

Filipino Style Wooden Canoe

Hello Everyone,

This week was a very crazy week for me and Elder Denoy, we traveled a lot again and I was pretty busy with a lot of different things this week because this week is a transfer week and so there luckily there is only one change that is happening in my district, I thought that there were going to be other changes that were going to happen but go figure as I learned from my days when I served as an Office Elder that sometimes you think that you know what is going on or what is going to happen and then you find out that Heavenly Father a smarter and greater plan for all of us. Going a long with that I had the opportunity to attend a funeral last night of a relative of a member in the Paracale Branch where I am currently serving and that was a very night service and in case you were wondering the music was pretty nice as well because I was the one who was in charge of the music and actually it was requested that I sing a solo and I am not one to turn done requested so I ended up singing a solo at the funeral as well, that is crazy since I have been here in Paracale I have been doing a lot of singing and other people have been enjoying that as well.

Our investigators are still doing well we had a good amount at church yesterday but not all of them and we have still been working out the marriage of two our investigators here in Paracale we have been hitting some road blocks but one by one I have been knocking them down as well I know that Satan is real and that we need to except that for what it is and press forward because he is going to try to do all that he can to make us miserable while we are here on Earth but I know that as we continue to turn to Our Heavenly Father in prayer he will come to our aid and we will comfort us I have seen that many times on my mission in many different ways sometimes it is through the Book of Mormon or other scriptures sometimes it is through other people or by other means but I know that he will come to our aid and can rescue us if we will just turn to him and ask for him help.

I also got to go ride in a Filipino style wooden canoe type boat yesterday in order to get to a member's house and that was fun experience because we had to cross sort of a river or canal and we did not tip over which was great my companion Elder Denoy was a little nervous that we were going to tip over but I told him that things would be alright because I have experience in canoes and the Holy Ghost is will us. I am excited for what the future brings for me this is a fresh new year of 2018 and a new transfer so, I am excited for the opportunities that I have to be able to continue to improve my missionary skills and continue to increase my knowledge about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that as we strive to continue to do our best in keeping the Commandments of God we will be blessed and we will receive more blessings that we could ever imagine I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us and that they want the best for us here on Earth and they want that all us will be able to return to their presence someday. 

Love,
Elder Chilson     

No comments:

Post a Comment