Monday, January 15, 2018

Ice Cream

Hello Everyone,

This week was a pretty interesting week for me because this past week probably has been the coldest week that I have experienced since I have been here in the Philippines because this past week we had what they call a "Amihan" or a monsoon and I think that it happens every January here where I am serving in the Bicol Region of the Philippines it was mostly a lot of rain and a lot of wind but for me it was nice because I did not sweat as much as I have been sweat here in Paracale but it was not really cold for me I usually get made fun of by the other Filipinos because I continue to buy and eat ice cream because that is one of my comfort foods and I do it to stay cool but they think that it is ridiculous because for them it is so cold they do not really understand how I can continue to eat ice cream but I do, even Elder Denoy my companion has asked me on a few occasions why I am eat ice cream but I guess that is one of the differences here because I am still sleeping in my shorts and a t-shirt and he has been sleeping in a sweater and blankets because I know that this week he got cold some. 

This past week I also got to provide some service even though it was pretty rainy and muddy, I helped some of my investigators move some wood that they had at their house because they had been storing up some wood for various reasons some people here in the Philippines use wood burning stove to cook with and for heat and other uses because they cannot afford gas stoves etc. but told my investigators this is no problem I told them that I used to do this at my Grandfathers house all the time so me and Elder Denoy made short work of this week stacked up some larger logs that were going to be cut up and then we separated the other wood from the brush and then we stacked that up as well and I enjoyed that very much. This was in the mountains where I was able to provide their lifestyle is hard but they are pretty content and used to it so even though it is hard they are a very happy people.

This week me and Elder Denoy should be able to find out when our wedding is going to be for our other investigators that are going to be married hopefully within the next few weeks we will be able to have a wedding and then a baptism and that is pretty exciting for me. My other investigators are doing well and me and Elder Denoy are helping them progress in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we taught a pretty solid lesson to one of our new investigators last night and I think there is a lot of potential there. I hope that all of you are doing well and enjoying winter wherever you are I will be looking forward to a real winter and snow when I return back to America but I hope that all of you will be able to find ways that you can share the Gospel and help other people come closer to Christ because this is a team effort the missionaries need the help of members and the members need the missionaries as well and I hope that we can join forces to be able to spread this Gospel to all the lands and complete the work that Heavenly Father has placed before us.

Love,
Elder Chilson

No comments:

Post a Comment