Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year,

First off I cannot comprehend right now that I have been here in the Philippines for over one year now as in that I spent Jan 2017-Dec 2017 all in the Philippines for me that is crazy because I think that the year of 2017 has been the fastest year of my life but at the same time it may be one of the most memorable years for my life but only time will tell that story. My New Year was pretty smooth we had a lot of food that was given to us from members and my appt is on the third floor I was able to see a lot of fireworks all over Paracale which was nice that was the same case for me last year as well that we climbed onto the roof of our appt to be able to watch all of the fireworks. I cannot believe that 2018 is hear now a lot of things are going to happen to me in the year of 2018 so I think that it is going to be a fun ride and I am excited to see what will happen.

Most of this week was a lot of traveling for me I was able to skype and talk with my family last Monday for Christmas so that was nice so they are doing well and it was nice to see them. I had a lot of exchanges this week which means that I went to Jose Panganiban twice this week so that I could have companionship exchanges with them because I am their District Leader and so I had a fun time working with the missionaries that are assigned in Jose Panganiban they are all Filipinos and they are actually all training right now just like I am training with Elder Denoy right now so I have been working with a lot of newer missionaries which has been fun because there are a lot of good leaning opportunities to learn from each other and there are a lot of good teaching moments as well. They are hard working up there in Jose Panganiban because most of their area is in the mountains so they really have to walk a lot and up mountains, I thought that there were a lot of mountains in Paracale but there are more in Jose Panganiban but it is a lot of fun up there for sure the people are really nice and most of the time they are receptive. 

My work here in Paracale has been going good as well we have just been helping our investigators get closer to baptism and we have been working really hard with one family about their marriage but it is going to be a little while longer before anything really big happens there because here in the Philippines there is a long process to get married and it takes a long time to process the papers and that is one reason why a lot of the Filipinos do not usually get married because it is a big hassle but I think that for January there is going to be a lot more progress made like yesterday at church I stood up the whole time for sacrament meeting because there was not enough room for more chairs so hopefully more and more people will continue to come to church and stay active in the church but I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ here on this Earth and that we have a live prophet today and all the tools that we need to be successful here on this Earth and I know that as we continue to do the things that Heavenly Father has commanded us to do we will be happy and the year of 2018 we be a year never to forget. 

Love,
Elder Chilson         

No comments:

Post a Comment