Monday, October 2, 2017

A Lot of Kilometers

Hello Everyone,

This week was a lot of kilometers and going with the flow, this week I did a lot of traveling this week because this past week here in the Philippines was like a National Family Week type of things so there were a lot of different activities that happened and the other Office Elders and I were pretty busy this week with various schedules and making sure that we were where we were supposed to be at the same time. So in short last week most of us were in Daet because of various activities including the Art Show so I am not sure if you remember but a few months ago now we had an Art Show here in Naga Stake and I thought that it went pretty well so Sister Zapanta has been working it out so that we can have that throughout the whole mission so this past week we had another one in the Daet Stake and I thought that is went pretty well there as well, but as with most big events there is always a sigh of relief when it is over as well and this would be the case for me as well there was a lot of preparations and other things that I did to help the even go smoothly and of course I was more than happy to help but at the same time things can get a little crazy at times but I think that is when we really grow and learn, it is through the crazy times. 

I cannot believe as well that it is October now, football season is well underway and basketball season is coming soon this is a great time of year, one of my favorite times of the year I might add, and here in the Philippines it is great too a reminder I guess from last year because I probably discussed this as well when I got here in the Philippines is that I have been listening to Christmas music now for over a month now literally when it hit September 1st everything Christmas had now begun so that is why sometimes my brain gets a little confused because I just had my birthday and now it is Christmas? Or like there is no snow and it is still hot so in my head it is hard for me to comprehend that it is really getting close to the Christmas Season but according to the calendar it is so that is what I follow. This upcoming week I have zone conferences again and some other activities so it will be a pretty busy week again for me but I am pretty used to that now.

We also had some success this past week in finding some new investigators which was exciting but they were not able to come to church so that is something that me and Elder De Silva will be focusing more on this week is the coming to church and how we can continue to help the Naga 3rd Ward progress in their quest for building Zion here in Naga in preparation for the coming for Jesus Christ our Savior and Redeemer and of course that is not easy but I know that with the Lord's help all things are possible. I know that missionary work is a work that requires everyone, every able body, the elderly, the young, the inexperienced, the learned, the wise, those of little faith ad those of great faith, I know that the Lord needs you. Whether you think that you are qualified or not matters now what matters is that you have a desire help Heavenly Father's children come back to him that is what is important, it is about where our heart is and how we can align our will with God's I know that this can be difficult sometimes but I know that it is possible when we seek out the guidance of the Holy Ghost through scripture study, prayer, and fasting that we will be able to accomplish all that our Heavenly Father has for us with our time here on Earth.

Love,
Elder Chilson   

No comments:

Post a Comment