Monday, October 23, 2017

Crazy Week

Hello Everyone,

This week was a week that did not go as it was planned to and no one saw it coming. So this week was another transfer week for me in the Mission Office so it was crazy, but this transfer week was a little bit crazier than it usually first off it was crazy because there were new missionaries that moved into the office and there were two missionaries that moved out of the office Elder Golez and Elder Miller and that caused for me to make some adjustments because me and Elder Golez and Elder Miller had worked together for 6 months together so had many opportunities to become close friends and it was definitely not by accident that the three of us were together for 6 months because my companion changed 3 months through while I have been here in the Mission Office regardless Elder Miller is really funny I really enjoyed working with him and I was at first a little nervous because he was from UT so I thought that our personalities were going to clash and we were going to have disagreements but that was not the case we got along just fine and Elder Golez as well I was not really sure how things were going to work out because Elder Golez is more of a quiet reserved kind of guy but now we are close friends I would totally let him come over to my house in NY if her ever gets the opportunity Elder Golez is awesome and now I wish him the best now that he is home now I hope that I get to see him again sometime. The new missionaries that are here in the Mission Office now as well are cool too and they are doing well also. 

Then after transfers we had to deal with the arrivals and departures or the missionaries that were going home and the new missionaries that were coming into the mission. We took the missionaries to the airport to get on their flight to go to Manila in the morning and we were there from like 8am to 1pm and then we got word that the plane went back to Manila from Naga because what happened was that the plane came for real from Manila to Naga but because of the rain the plane was not able to land so all the flights ended up being canceled so that was not much fun so we got all the luggage gathered up and we took everyone back to the Mission Office and then I got word from President Zapanta that they were just going to take a bus from Naga City to Manila so that is what we did we put them on a but so got to Manila so they got on a bus and they went and got to Manila about midnightish because it is about a 8hr-10hr bus ride from Naga City to Manila or a 1hr plane ride so you can see the picture now and then the Area Office also gave word that the new missionaries also took a bus and they bused all night and they got here about 4am on Thursday morning so of course I was among those that went to go pick up the new missionaries at the bus terminal so that was I did not sleep much at all that night but that was okay then on that same day I got called onto a Medical Emergency in Del Gallego so I was happy that I was able to help out with that situation as well this week was really busy that is for sure. 

Also I took a trip to Daet so I drove about 500KMS this past week so that was fun and I also spent sometime sewing this past week as well so my Mom would be proud I sewed/fixed one of my white shirts this past week because there pocket ripped some on it and I was really not sure what I was going to be able to do with it but I just put some needle and thread to it and it looks okay so I was pretty excited about that but I still have not figured out how to sew on a button to one of my white shirts but it is okay I am not really in any hurry at the moment and for me, it is just strange here in my mission right now for me to be one of the older missionaries now in my mission as in that I have been here in my mission now for more months that most of the others and I just remember being new and not knowing anything and now I have seen myself teaching and helping other missionaries with different language and cultural questions that they have just like I had other missionaries helping me when I first got here in my mission. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that as we continue to read it we will find answers to our questions and we will  feel of the love that the Savior has for all of us. 

Love,
Elder Chilson    

No comments:

Post a Comment