Monday, October 9, 2017

Bato

Hello Everyone,

This week was a pretty busy but smooth one because I had a lot of different conferences that I attended among other things so it was not very hard to make my schedule this week it was pretty much dictated to me by my "real" calendar. So at the beginning of this past week I accepted a temporary assignment in "Bato" which is an area in the Iriga Zone, and I was there for a few days because a missionary who is normally there had to spend some time in Naga because of his illness so that was fun I got to work with Elder Daroy in Bato and we enjoyed our time working there together and while I was there I got to meet a future missionary she leaves in 18 days and she is from Bato so that was sort of weird for me because I have no idea how it will be when I get back to American because I am still not even sure if this is all real sometimes that I am really serving my mission right now but anyways we were also to have a service project as well while I was there in Bato and that was fun too we got to cut grass with "itaks" again of the machete like things and that is always fun.  

Then when I got back from Bato I had Zone Conference so I went to that and that was uplifting and awesome as Zone Conferences are in my mission and then Sister Zapanta wanted to decorate the mission office for Christmas so we did that as well this week and then we had General Conference as well this past weekend so that was very good as well and what was funny for me about the General Conference for me was that was exactly what I was doing one year ago because my first ever Sunday here in the Philippines was when I attended the October 2016 General Conference and then this past week I attended the October 2017 General Conference so that was another eye opening experience I guess you could say I have been here in the Philippines now for a while which is very crazy for me to think about as well and how that Christmas will be here before we know it as well. We also spent a lot of time this week in Cararayan finding new investigators or new people to teach so that of course creates its challenges and exciting opportunities as well so, we have been working on that as well I think that there is some potential in the new people that we found this past week so hopefully they will be able to come to church this upcoming week. Also me and Elder Miller made a coconut cake this morning

Not one quote stuck out to me this week from General Conference but I would just say that the overall theme of the Book of Mormon and the talks that were about the Book of Mormon stuck out to me and how the Book of Mormon is really what keeps The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints together especially Elder Nelson and Elder Callister's talks about the Book of Mormon I thought that was very powerful and I guess in addition to what they said I invite everyone and anyone to read the Book of Mormon it will change your life for the better I know this because I have experienced that while I have been serving my mission here in the Philippines and even before my mission the Book of Mormon will lead you down path of repentance and because of the atonement of Jesus Christ you can be spiritually healed and have desires to follow the Savior Jesus Christ and become one of his true disciples and become all that your Heavenly Father wants you to be. I know these things to be true I know that the Book of Mormon was not created randomly by Joseph Smith like some people may claim but it was an ancient record that was preserved for a time until Heavenly Father knew that we were ready for it so he called Joseph Smith help make his plan become a reality and Joseph Smith was just an instrument in his hands and that he translated the Book of Mormon so that everyone can read and feast upon its words and that is my invitation to everyone that will read my message is to find a copy of the Book of Mormon that is not that hard to do just find Missionaries or ask someone who is a Mormon and they will find you a free copy and to all of you who are reading the Book of Mormon right now continue to do so because I know that it will be well with you in the Lord's timing.

Love,
Elder Chilson       

No comments:

Post a Comment