Monday, October 16, 2017

Another Interesting Week

Hello Everyone,

This week was another interesting week for me, because I spent half of the week in Bato again on a temporary assignment and the other half in the office preparing for the upcoming transfer. So there was not really a whole lot that happened this week that was super interesting, I did some traveling, I traveled the whole Iriga Zone this past week and delivered some supplies to them and then I just spent the other time that I had in the office getting ready for the new missionaries that will be coming this transfer and the missionaries that are going home and things like that. Also this is my last week with the older office staff because the other missionaries that I have been serving with in the office are either going home or transferring to other areas so Elder Miller and Elder Golez are leaving the office and there are new missionaries that have now taken their places so things will be different now in the office because I served just about the last 6 months with them and so now I will be the longest missionary working in the mission office which is a weird feeling as well but the other new missionaries that are working now in the office are really nice too so that is good as well. 

Then I went to Bato this past week again and I worked there in the place of the missionary that was sick, me and Elder Daroy had fun again and we walked a lot but we had some pretty good lessons as well. Also while I was there in Bato they had a "Zone Fasting" so that was fun that I got to be part of that I fasted to help the Iriga Zone achieve their Zone Goals for the upcoming month and I got to work some as well in Cararayan some as well and me and Elder De Silva a surprise yesterday morning when we went to go pick up our investigators for church we had at least one investigator that we were pretty sure was going to come to church and then to our surprise she had a friend with here that just decided to come to church as well, someone that we had never met mind you, so I know at least from my own experience that anyone who knows little or not much at all about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and they come to church for the full 3 hours, they have to have some faith of some kind because I know a lot of people that would not be interested in coming to church for 1 hour let alone 3 hours so hopefully that is something that me and Elder De Silva will be able to build off of and hopefully strengthen the faith that she has and create something bigger like a testimony and a desire to be baptized into Jesus Christ's church here on the Earth. 

Something that has been on my mind this week that I would like to share for a second is charity. For those of you who are not very familiar with the word charity, it is just a fancy word for love or the pure love of Christ as mentioned in the Book of Mormon and I just wanted to share that I know that charity is a real attribute of Christ and that we can develop it ourselves to the best of our abilities here in this live, as we really give it our all to seek Jesus Christ, our Savior as we turn to him and as we learn about him as it gradually draws nearer to Christmas, I know that we can really become more like him in this life even though that we are not perfect we can always try and I know that our efforts will be rewarded on the other side of the vale because I know that there are angels keeping records in heaven for us of all of our works here on Earth. I know of charity and its power to change hearts, I that it can if we truly to desire to become more like Christ then we can apply the Christ-like attribute of charity to our lives and have the worldly desires of our hearts changed to the desires that the Lord has in store for us.     

Love,
Elder Chilson             

No comments:

Post a Comment