Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Exterminator

Hello Everyone,

This week was a pretty busy week again for me but I really enjoyed it, there were a lot of different things that happened so I will share a few examples of what happened in a little detail. On Tuesday I had an opportunity to be an exterminator for some sister missionaries because they were having some rodent and cockroach problems in their apartment, so of course I took some action I bought some rat traps and me and Elder Miller sprayed some of the areas that were infested with cockroaches in their apartment and in the process of that me and Elder Miller stumbled upon the rodent that was pestering the sister missionaries that lived in their apartment and so identified but that was the first step, then for his large size (his tail was a good 8 inches so that should give you an idea) he was pretty fast to me and Elder Miller chased him the length of the living room in the sisters apartment about 3 or 4 times and then me and Elder Miller cornered the rodent and captured it and disposed of it in a manner so that the rodent will never return to the sister missionaries apartment and then we disposed of the other cockroach-infested things as well. 

Then Wednesday, I went to Iriga to be part of a moving crew again because there were some sister missionaries that were moving apartments so I went and helped them all of their stuff and get settled in to their new apartment, then on Thursday I ran a lot of errands and took care of some other things at the office. Then Friday after my District Meeting I went to Iriga again with Elder McNabb this time to help Elder and Sister Hansen with some projects that they were working on for some upcoming activities and we also installed some curtain rods their as well upon a request that was made by a set of sister missionaries as well, Then Saturday I went to Daet with Elder Golez to deliver some equipment for the upcoming art show that we have this upcoming week in Daet and I made some other deliveries as well and I enjoyed that trip and then yesterday I went to Daet as well and I helped out/was the designated driver for some activities that my mission had going on in Daet and it does not end there Daet is about 2 hours away from Naga so you can imagine me going back and forth and this upcoming week as well there are other activites that are going on here in the mission because right now in the Philippines that have what they call "A Family Week Celebration" so throughout the Philippines there are a lot of activities and events going on in support of strong families here in the Philippines because sometimes that is an issue of concern here in the Philippines because every family here has different needs and circumstances.

I know that this is the work of the Lord, I have been given countless opportunities to serve the people of the Philippines and I have loved every minute, I know that I will be given many more opportunities because that is one of the reasons that Heavenly Father has asked me to come and serve the people of the Philippines unto which I accepted with an open heart because I know that this service is not only be recorded here on Earth but in heaven as well that I may have 2 years in earthly time to be here and serve the people of the Philippines full-time but I know that there is more to come this is not the end nor the beginning, I know that Heavenly Father has a bigger plan for all of us regardless of what anyone might say or believe, I know that this is true and that God's Plan of Happiness is for all of his children and I encourage all of you to share that good news with everyone that meet in the various opportunities that you have in daily life and that you will feel of the love and joy that come with that and see the change that will come into your life and the lives of others around you as well. 

Love,
Elder Chilson       

No comments:

Post a Comment