Monday, September 18, 2017

Birthday Week

Hello Everyone,

This week was another great week, even though it was a busy week. A lot happened this week and a lot of it surrounded what they call "PenaFrancia Fiesta" here in Naga City so this whole week they had a lot of different events like parades, processions, parties and things like that I would say that is sort of like New Years or the 4th of July back home but this is all Catholic Religion based mostly centered on Mother Mary (The Mother Jesus) so there were a lot of roads closed around Naga City this week so it made it hard to get around in cars but I made it through some pretty tough situations which was nice in the van sometimes it would take me one hour to go not very far distances (distances that would normally take me 15mins or 20mins) the traffic was that bad I had never experiences traffic that bad in my whole life but it was a fun experience nevertheless. There were several parades that went in front of the office that were very loud that had loud marching bands that would assemble at 6am so that was a fun wake-up call as well but overall I am glad to have experienced the PenaFrancia Fiesta here in Naga City.

This week as well I was able to get back to some of my roots here in the Philippines and as far as my roots I mean manual labor. Anyone who knows me pretty well knows that I enjoy working hard and to do manual labor for other people. That is what I was able to do this week for other missionaries because we had 3 areas that moved houses this week they were in Tinambac, Pili and in Canaman and so I was able to help move their things by loading them into the van and then by unloading the van and helping them get situated into their new houses, needless to say I did a lot of lifting this week of various objects and,  I also did a fair amount of driving as well and I went to Del Gallego as well to deliver supplies. 

This week was also my birthday week and I cannot believe that I will not have another birthday in the mission and that a year ago now I was in the Provo MTC it seems like that was much longer ago, but I enjoyed my birthday I actually got up at 5am on my birthday and I went to Del Gallego for a little adventure and made some deliveries and I had cake that Elder Miller made, and I opened my gifts and such so it was a special day in some respects but in all other aspects I was just another day I still went out to work in Cararayan as well and we found some new investigators as well that have potential. The funniest thing was for me at the Mission Home last night I had a special dinner over there for my birthday and there was cake and all that and Zander (The Zapanta's youngest child) just kept asking why there was the number 20 candles in the middle of the cake he did not quite understand that it was birthday but it was still pretty cute. This upcoming week should be pretty busy as well and I cannot believe that September is now half over now time is going by so fast so we need to embrace every moment that we have on this Earth because the various opportunities that we get there is a good chance that they might not becoming around a second time, just live life for all that it is worth and we will receive many great blessings from our Heavenly Father in the many mansions that have been prepared for us.

Love,
Elder Chilson


 



Birthday Dinner at President and Sister Zapanta's      

No comments:

Post a Comment