Monday, September 4, 2017

Van Tire

Hello Everyone,

This week did not turn out as I thought that it would have so I got a text from President Zapanta Tuesday night that I was going to be working in San Fernando until Sake Conference and so I was a little surprised but at the same time I was excited fro the opportunity to work in San Fernando with Elder Gatewood so I cleared my schedule because I was going to be about of the office for the week and I took care of a few matters of business over the phone and everything was fine I was just thankful for the opportunity to have a little change of pace and get back to being a proselyting missionary again for a few days and then of course right now I am in the office again and I have continued with all of my responsibilities. While I was in San Fernando me and Elder Gatewood had a lot of fun together because we have a lot in common and we both had a strong desire to do what was best for our investigators in San Fernando. 

I also sang in a special choir for Stake Conference and that went well also the music I did not really agree with but it was okay I was not really familiar with the music but I did my best and I learned the music pretty quickly and I actually ended up getting a solo as well which was a little crazy but the conductor knew that I could sing pretty well because most people in the Naga Stake now know that I can sing pretty well so I gave it my best effort and I thought that it went pretty well and overall Stake Conference went pretty well I enjoyed the meeting and the messages that were given.         

I had a special experience on Sunday after Stake Conference and it was regarding one of the tires on the van just like you said kanina that you just got a new tire as well last week yata so when we got back from Stake Conference and I noticed that the time was losing air fast and I was like this is grate I have an appointment at the LTO bukas for some missionaries to get their drivers licenses but then I thought to myself well I guess this is good that I am at least in the Mission Office parking lot and not on the side of the road somewhere so I will just change the tire and throw on the spare and then bukas ng umaga I will just get another tire no problem and so I jacked up the van and got everything set no problem and then it came to the lugnuts and I tried and gave it all that I had for 1 and half hours and I could not budge any of those lugnuts and I had Elder De Silva come out and help me too and we could not budge them at all and I was like great we are going to need some real equipment to get these lugnuts off and it is Sunday so there are not that many options so I suggested to Elder De Silva do you want to go for a walk and he was like sure and so we walked up to the Petron and there was a man by the name of Victor he was the "Service Technician" at the Petron Station and we convinced him to come with us and to help us and he did and within 30 seconds of his time there he had the first lugnut loose and I was like wow it is a miracle and then he got them all off in like under 5 minutes and then I said thank you and then as he headed toward the gate of the Mission Office a voice came into my head just as clear as anything that said "he is an angel sent from on high" and I can only believe that voice was the Holy Ghost and I know that the Lord knew the situation that I was in and due to my humility and my willingness to ask for help the Lord as opposed as me trying on my own in my eyes I tried the best that I had I gave it everything that I had and then I turned the rest over to the Lord and he provided a way for me to accomplish what I needed lalo lalo na I was in the Lord's Service and I remember that words of President Eyring that go something like "when we are in the Lord's Service we are never a lone" and I know that this is true (Sorry for the mixed in Tagalog words) also here in the Naga where I am serving right now "Fiesta" is starting up it is like a big festival that they have here in the Naga for the month of September so that should be exciting as well as I will begin to share what I learn about that along with other Philippines culture here in the Philippines Naga Mission. 

I hope that all of you in New York have a great start to your school year and to everyone that has already started school good luck as well!

Love,
Elder Chilson   

Check out this link:
http://www.mormonnewsroom.ph/article/church-hosts-art-show-in-naga






Elder Miller Elder Golez Elder Gatewood Elder Talabis Elder De Silva

No comments:

Post a Comment