Monday, August 28, 2017

Zone Conference and Travel

Hello Everyone,

This week was a pretty good one this week was all of Zone Conferences and a quick side note for President and Sister Zapanta their whole week was conferences because from Tuesday-Friday they had had Zone Conferences with missionaries and then from Saturday-Sunday they had a District Conference in Iriga so you can imagine what their schedule was like this week. I personally enjoyed my Zone Conference it was a great experience as it always is and I always enjoy learning that things that we can do as missionaries to improve and become more efficient and to move the Lord's Work forward in the way that he wants us to and not the ways of man. I know that my mission president and his wife have been called of God to preside over this mission at this time while I have been assigned to serve here as well I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of each of us and he knows what we need and he knows how to help us and he gives us trials and hard things so we can grow and progress here in our time on Earth. 

I also did some traveling this week as well which all went well, I made a delivery trip to the Iriga this past week, so I went to all of the missionaries apartments except for the Baao Sister's house because they were having a fiesta when I went to the main road that I wanted to go down was closed so I had to go around Baao to get to Iriga City and so then I tried on the way back to go to the Baao Sister's house but there were a lot of people that were in the streets partying and enjoying their fiesta so I just decided to go a different way to avoid Baao on my way back to Naga City. Then I ended up going to Sipocot as well this week so I went to all of the missionaries apartments between Naga City and Sipocot in the Pamplona Zone so I went to Pasacao, Pamplona, Libmanan, and Sipocot and I had plans to go to Del Gallego as well but I received a text from President Zapanta so we came back because President Zapanta needed my van in Iriga City because he was having some problems with his van so I took his van over to the dealership and of course got things taken care of it turns out that some water or something got into the fuel filter so they had to change that out so now the check engine light is off the dash board which is good. 

We spent a lot of time this week contacting referrals which was fun we recently got a lot of referrals and so me and Elder De Silva have been working on contacting referrals so we found this one family and they are pretty cool I think that they have a lot of potential to be baptized and so we had a pretty solid lesson with them and they agreed to come to church yesterday and believe it or not they came to church and the awesome part is that the people that came to church brought a friend as well who was interested in I guess the church so he came to church and we met him and he said that he wants us to teach as well which is awesome so I hope that things will continue and that they will really progress and I hope that they will continue to keep other commitments that we give them.        

I guess one more side note that I was approached yesterday by some other people and they asked me to sing in a special choir for stake conference because we have stake conference this upcoming Sunday and of course I agreed so I will be singing in a special choir for stake conference I think that will be fine, I am pretty used to performing with little practice that is what happened when I sang in an all male accapella group we did not really practice all that much and then we would perform so that does not really bother me anymore but I think that it should be good and I love bearing testimony through song so that is always a plus as well and I know in New York that school is starting up now and some of you probably already started school so I wish all of you the best for this new school year.

Love,
Elder Chilson   

No comments:

Post a Comment