Monday, August 14, 2017

Dengue Fever

Hello Everyone,

I hope that all of you are doing well for those of you who were not aware or who did not know I am doing well now as well. For those of you who do not know I was hospitalized for three days this past week for Dengue Fever so last Sunday after church I decided it was time that I had to go to the hospital to get some serious medical attention (I will spare all of you the details) but I saw a doctor and he gave me some medicine and it did not really work so I was admitted to that hospital Sunday night and I had a lot of tests done and to make a long story short the doctor concluded that I had Dengue Fever so I was treated for that Monday and Tuesday and then on Wednesday the doctor said I could go home and just take medicine so that is what I did and then I just rested and worked in the office. Then I just picked up with the work that I was doing in the office my Mission President just said that I could not travel to anywhere outside of Naga City for the rest of the week but other than that I did not have any restrictions and last night my appetite came back fully and that was the best thing for me so now I can eat whatever I want now and not have to worry about me stomach getting sick or things like that so that is great and I do have a follow-up appointment with the doctor on this upcoming Wednesday so I will let you know about that next week but everything is fine now I lost some weight with the Dengue Fever but I feel good now. 

In some weird way I think that me going to the hospital was a good thing or a blessing because I still have two investigators that are planning to be baptized this upcoming Saturday so hopefully that will go through and I think that it will so that is pretty exciting for me so I will let you know as well on that for next week but I am really excited about that. I guess I have a quick story as well so I got a lot of deliveries while I was in the hospital so of course when I got out of the hospital I had to take care of all the stuff that got delivered so while I was doing that a saying popped into may head and it was "You are a lot stronger than you think you are" and that is what my mom used to always say to me as I was growing up and as I was carrying all of those boxes of Book of Mormons and before I had the Dengue Fever I could carry two or three boxes at a time (of course that is heavy) but now I just carried them one at a time and the thought came into my head that I do not know if is because I am close to turning 20 my strength is starting to run out or I am for sure not as strong anymore as I used to be before I entered the mission field or whatever but I just thought I am the opposite of stronger than I think I am or I thought I was. (Sorry if that was pretty boring was sort of self-centered on me but some of you might think that it is funny, I did)        

Another quick thought is I have been playing piano more as of recently as well a member of the Bishopric in the ward where I am serving now came up to me yesterday and asked me if I could play prelude music for Sacrament mtg and I was like Sigge po (I said okay) I still have yet to play piano in Sacrament mtg but I have played for several baptisms now. Who knows what will happen or what I will be asked to do as it is whenever I go into one members house I have to sing for them and the Mother that lives there loves my rendition of The Star Spangled Banner that I sang so that was fun as well so this week should be a little bit smoother for me and I should not be that crazy but we will see what ends up happening anything can happen and I cannot believe that this transfer is half over now and that I will be officially over one year now on my mission and that is so crazy I refuse to believe that my mission is half over now but that will just make me work a little bit harder because this opportunity is not coming back to me so I need to push harder and live it up while I have my mission in front of me and thank you for all of your prayers and support in my behave.

Love,
Elder Chilson  

No comments:

Post a Comment