Monday, August 21, 2017

Three Fridges

Hello Everyone,

I cannot believe that August is almost over and that this week is another Zone Conference week. This week was a pretty good week for me I had a baptism again this week and that went well we had two young men that were baptized and it was a very nice service and I played the piano again and that went fine and it was just awesome to here in one of the young men got baptized when he bared his testimony he talked about how he wanted to serve a mission and that was just awesome to me that the young men and younger people that are baptized they are the future leaders of the church and the future priesthood holders so they are really important and they are also of the chosen generation of Heavenly Father's children so of course they are important to him as well. 

Also I had a solid follow-up visit with the doctor this week and he said that I do not have anymore symptoms and that the Dengue Fever had now left my body and he said that I did not have any restrictions no more medicine and all that so that is great for me. So I also made a delivery this past week to the Goa Zone and that was a fun trip it is about 2 hours to Goa roughly and I had a special delivery there as well because believe it or not this week I had to take care of 3 broken refrigerators and here in the Philippines it is very hot so missionaries like need to have their refrigerators to keep food cold and such and so I had 2 fridges that were broken in Goa and they were both for Sister Missionaries appts so I went to Goa and took care of them one of them is fixed now because I talked to the Tatay there in Goa and he agreed to fix it and I told the Sisters to just follow up with me if there was any trouble and that one is okay then there was another one in Lagonoy that was broken to so I took a temporary fridge up to them because it is more rural so I am not sure when someone with get up there to fix it I am still working on that because normally I bring everything that is broken back here to Naga and get it fixed because I have connections but Lagonoy/Goa is sort of far so I am trying not to transport as many fridges as I can because it is sort of a pain anyways I got a third one fixed this week for another appt for Sisters that their fridge was broken as well so those are some of the things that I was dealing this week here in the office. 

I also made a special delivery of a couch as well too I dont really have time to explain but me and Elder De Silva teamed up and we got that job done and it was a great feeling. Nothing else really happened here this week that was super exciting. I have just been keeping busy with whatever has been going on. I know that as week continue to give our best efforts to our Heavenly Father he will magnify us to help us arise to the levels that we need to be at for example I played the piano for the first time in a Sacrament Meeting in my life and I had no idea that was going to happen just that 20mins before that Sacrament Meeting started a member of the Bishopric approached me and asked me if I could play and I said okay that is fine and for those of you that know my sisters are much better piano players than I am but I can play several hymns in the hymnal and I can read music pretty well so I ended up playing the piano in Sacrament Meeting and I did fine and I got compliments afterwards from my Bishop and the Bishopric and also from the member of the Stake Presidency that was visiting that particular Sacrament Meeting so that was nice but for me as a missionary that was just me serving the members of the Naga 3rd Ward that being whatever that Bishop asked me to do that was what I was going to do and I see it as an opportunity to serve so of course I accept that with whole heart so bottom line is Service is awesome!!!!!!!! And everyone should be involved in some kind of service and it is a great way to share the gospel as well and I hope that all of you continue to enjoy summer wherever you are.

Love,
Elder Chilson       

No comments:

Post a Comment