Monday, September 11, 2017

Another Transfer Week

Hello Everyone,

This week was another whirlwind for me because it was another transfer week but things went pretty smoothly again so that was good there were only 9 of them that went home so they all fit into the van so that was nice and nothing crazy ridiculous happened either which was good even though there plane was late but what else is new. The new missionaries that just came in are pretty cool as well it is so weird for me to think of myself as an older missionary in the Philippines Naga Mission because sometimes I think of myself as still a missionary that has not been out for a very long time but that is not the case especially after I look back at all of the new batches of missionaries that I have picked up from the airport that is what gets me. Other than transfers I have just been keepoing busy with other things that have been going on in the office mostly getting caught up on a few things because of most of last week I was in San Fernando with Elder Gatewood but I got all of those things taken care of, all of my reports in, deliveries and other miscellaneous tasks taken care of. 

I traveled some as well this week some for deliveries and some for emergencies. I went to Tinambac and Goa twice for both places this week once on official business and then another time in place of President Zapanta on emergency missionary business but do not worry everything is taken care of now I was just happy to be in the position where I was able to out in the ways that I did and make President Zapanta's life easier as the Mission President. That is one of the big reasons that I am here in the Mission Office anyways is to help my Mission President and make his life easier because he cannot do everything for the whole mission by himself so that is why I am here as part of his office staff to help out in anyways that I can. 

Sister Zapanta always talks about how service is a great opportunity the Lord and his children but at the same time that it is such a special opportunity to serve those that serve Lord full-time (Missionaries) those kind of opportunities do not come that often to everyone so I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for this opportunity that I had to serve the Missionaries of the Lord this has been an amazing experience and it has opened my eyes as well to how much it really takes to run a mission and it just amazes me how I have seen President Zapanta balance his Mission President responsibilities as well as his family responsibilities as well I already love President Zapanta very much but at the same time he just takes things on to another level that just solidifies my testimony that his is a man called of God to carry the assignment of Mission President here in the Philippines Naga Mission and I cannot deny that.

Also right now in Naga they have what they call the PenaFrancia and it is just like this big festival that they have for the whole month of September here in Naga City so they have lots of carnivals and parades and things like that as sort of a celebration and there are a lot of Catholic traditions incorporated in as well and it has also been raining a lot recently so maybe that means that winter is coming soon for me now here in the Philippines so that is exciting that is will be wet but not as hot so I will see about that as well so that is a little bit of culture as well for you September is well under way now and for anyone that was curious or had forgotten my BIRTHDAY is on THURSDAY and I am turning 20!!!!!!!!! so that is exciting too

Love,
Elder Chilson         

No comments:

Post a Comment