Monday, June 4, 2018

English Class

Hello Everyone,

This week was another solid work week for me nothing that special happened, I am just working hard in helping other missionaries achieve their goals and to help them become better missionaries as well to the best of my ability I am of course far from perfect but I do my best in the leadership position that I have been asked to serve in. Sometimes being a leader is super fun and sometimes it would be more fun not to be the leader but to give all the responsibilities to someone else, but I know that Heavenly Father prepares us for the assignments and for the tasks that he gives us he will not send any of his children blindly into a situation that they cannot handle but he gives us experiences so that his children can learn and help other learn as well. I know that Jesus Christ set the perfect example for us when he was here on Earth was the a great teacher and I think one of the reasons why was because he know his students just that well, when you know what is in the hearts of your students and you know what they really need then you can teach them in accordance to exactly what they need in order to become successful. I know that Jesus Christ is our light even when sometimes we feel that we are stuck, there is no way out, we do not know where we should go or what we should do, when we feel lost of lonely he is there to help us every step of the way as long as we keep putting forth the effort the is required I know that we will be able to get out of any situation that we are in. We just have to keep trying we cannot give up in the face of Satan because that is what he wants, he wants us to think that we are tired, we have given our all (when in reality we have only given half) he wants us to give up and go home and hide. I know that whenever we are feeling this way all we have to do is stop what we are doing and say a prayer to our Father in Heaven and I know that he will hear us, I know that if we ask for help in faith it will come and we will be rescued and returned home safely so to speak to where we are supposed to be.

Also this week at the request of some members here in the Sipocot Branch this past week I started teaching an English Class so that has been an interesting experience because I would say that my English skills have sort of been diminished since I have been here in the Philippines speaking Tagalog/Bicol but in probably all of my areas I have helped people with English but this is the first time that I am teaching an official class, because the Filipinos most of the time like to take advantage of the chances that they have to learn English from Americans or Australians because they learn English in school but like any language if you do not use it you lose it so if they do not speak English at home then they will not really improve at it because most of the time they speak Tagalog/Bicol at home or whatever language their parents speak but that is just a quick little run down. I have been very happy to share all the talents that Heavenly Father has blessed me with since I have been serving my mission here in the Philippines. 

I am sure that most of you are busy with graduation plans or parties or working on summer plans or vacations and that is awesome that is what summer is for but the funny things is I am not sure if you guys are aware but the Filipinos school vacation just ended and they just went back to school so everywhere you go there is something different going on and there is always something new to learn even though I have been here in the Philippines for sort of a long time I have not stopped learning yet, just like with anything there is always more that we can learn and apply to our lives and I hope that whatever your plans are you stay safe and try to spend time with your family because that is what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all about it is preparing our families to become eternal in the new life and living together forever and I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have of that and for the countless chance that I have had to share that message with the people of the Philippines. 

Love,
Elder Chilson        

No comments:

Post a Comment