Monday, June 18, 2018

Pineapple and Bananas

Hello Everyone,

This week was a very busy week for me here on my mission, I had two sort of big meetings this week in which I also was selected to sing in some special musical numbers as well. My Zone Conference went pretty well this week this was just for my Zone (The Pamplona Zone) and I conducted and I think that overall it went really well most of what was talked about was obedience and that is a pretty simple thing to understand but when it come to our actions things can get pretty tricky because as much as we want to be obedient and do the right thing, Satan is always right on our heals to steer us in the wrong direction. in the second sort of large meeting is was presided by President Juan A. Uceda or the Presidency of the Seventy (if you do not know who he is I am sorry I do not really have time to explain but you can google him or just ask any Mormons that you know and they would be happy to help you) I really enjoyed his visit he was a pretty animated speaker and I enjoyed that but he also talked about obedient some and how we cannot "Buy the Lie" that Satan is always trying to sell to us and regardless that the context of this was for missionaries I think that this is something that we all can apply to our own lives like I was saying just a little bit ago even when we want to do the right thing sometimes we are put in a tough situation because the "spirit is will but the flesh is weak" sort of thing that is part of our design and that is why Heavenly Father gave us our agency so that we can choose and be tested as to what we do with our time and our lives here on Earth.

I also just want to make a quick side not to anyone that likes pineapple I have for sure had some really delicious pineapple since I have been here on my mission and I think that we had some of the best pineapple for lunch at my zone conference last week, it was so sweet and it was just perfect and I am so thankful for that. I eat just about any fruit, except for bananas of course which is sort of hard for the Filipinos to understand because most of the Filipinos basically grew up on bananas and I have only met a few Filipinos that do not really like bananas that much but that is okay I just tell that that most of my whole life I have not really eaten bananas which is true and then that is usually enough but of course there are some certain situation which to avoid offending someone sometimes you just have to put all emotions aside and just eat it even if you know that you wont like it you I have experienced that on occasion as well because here in the Philippines if you do not eat when food is placed before you the Filipinos (most especially the women) will get sort of anxious and they will get straight-up offended if you do not eat their food so that is not all bad but sometimes you just have to be on your guard but I have not had one dish here in the Philippines that I have not liked I eat anything but when it comes to bananas almost all bets are off. 

This upcoming week should be pretty smoother than last week and I am just so thankful for the chance that I have had to serve the people here in the Philippines, they are such a nice, faithful people there are not too many people here in the Philippines that have not yet met Jesus Christ and I just want to testify that Jesus Christ's church is here on the Earth hat this very moment and that is was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith I know that this happened for real and that it was all part of Heavenly Father's plan for all of us and because he loves us so much he has given us a prophet who at this time is Russell M. Nelson and I know that he is called of Gad just as I was to come here to the Philippines I have studied the words of President Nelson and I know that as we continue to follow the words of the prophets in the scriptures and the words of the living prophets we will not get lost in the world of confusion that we live in now and I know that what ever you are going through at this time in your life the Book of Mormon can help you I know that it is true and that is has answers to all of our questions and we just need to continue to read it and ponder on the words that are written on its pages and I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and he loves us so much that he sacrificed everything that he could for us so that in return if we are prepared when the time comes we can receive all that the Father has waiting for us in the next life. 

Love,
Elder Chilson    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment