Monday, June 11, 2018

Solid Work Week Again

Hello Everyone,

This past week was a pretty solid work week again, but I just want to share with you a little bit of an experience that I had this past weekend so we went out Saturday with a pretty strong focus to invite as many people to church as we could we brought invitations that we had made and we were pretty excited to see what would come about because of our efforts and once we left our apartment I feel like time just sped up big time me and Elder Teisina were just battling the clock all afternoon it was as if Satan did not want me and Elder Teisina to talk to anyone but we did all that was in our power to talk to as many people as well could we covered a lot of ground and we did our best with the time that we had and we invited many people to come to church and we thought that we had worked pretty hard and we were excited to see the results of our labors inside of the church the next day and that is where the miracle come in all of this so we got to church on Sunday and we did not see any of the people that we had visited the previous day but we did see two former investigators that come with one of my recent converts (newish member of the church) I thought to myself that was the answer to my prayers because me and Elder Teisina have been searching all over the place just to find people that Heavenly Father has prepared to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I think that was a miracle and a witness to me that no effort is wasted anyone who has served a mission before knows what I mean by this that the Lord is preparing the hearts of his people to receive his message and so we just have to be patient and help our friends prepare for that time. 

I would also just like to share a little going on with this about faith our faith in Jesus Christ is so important and not just because it is the first principle of the gospel but because if we do not have faith I think that our lives would be lonely, I have not yet seen Jesus Christ face to face but I know that he lives and has a resurrected body because of the faith that I have built up over time, sometimes we just need to put faith in Christ because sometimes we have no where else to turn sometimes there are things that we cannot do alone and we need the help of our Father in Heaven and that is where our faith is vital because everything revolves our our faith we cannot repent and be forgiven of our sins if we do not have the faith to be forgiven, as I have been here in the Philippines I have seen my faith grow in Jesus Christ and I have also seen other peoples faith grow as well because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know that as we turn to the Lord in prayer he will send us many faith building experiences so that we build upon the faith that we have. As we continue to study the scriptures and listen to the words of the prophets and attend church I know that our faith will increase and we will draw nearer to our Father in Heaven and we will truly become more like him, his eyes will be our eyes, our thoughts will be his thoughts and we will continue to progress on the road of eternal progression that we are on that leads back to our heavenly home above with our Heavenly Father and our Savior and Redeemer even Jesus Christ.

I know that I am so blessed to have this opportunity to be a part of the work of the Lord here in the Philippines and I know that the missionaries cannot do this work alone I know that the missionaries need the help of the members so that we can all become one coordinated or so that we can work hand in hand in the work of the Lord and I know that as we continue to do our best to help others to Come unto Christ we will be blessed and helped by the Lord he will help us accomplish his work I know that we are not alone in this but that he wants to help all of his children come back and return to him so that they can all have eternal life and live forever with their families.

Love,
Elder Chilson           

No comments:

Post a Comment