Monday, May 28, 2018

Solid Week

Hello Everyone, 

This week was a pretty solid week for me, nothing really huge happened but it was just a lot of consistent patient effort that I gave this week and as a result I have a short story to share with you. Yesterday I had an investigator come to church that I met roughly 2 months ago and I am going to call her Sarah (but her real name is not Sarah the name is not important) and a long while ago she used to be taught by Sister Missionaries that used to go to her house and taught her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and she also went to church as well before and then she moved to sort of a far away place from the church so she lost contact with the missionaries but she had a strong desire to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ but over time it sort of faded because that is what happens over time but about 2 months ago another sister in my branch she gave Sarah's name to me and Elder Abrigo as a referral and so of course we went and contacted that referral and it turns out that she still had a Book of Mormon but the other things that the Sister Missionaries taught her before she sort of forgot but that we okay because me and Elder Abrigo started over and we helped her remember the things that the Sister Missionaries had taught he before and the best part is for about 2 months I have been going back and forth to her house and teaching her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how much our Father in Heaven loves us and last Thursday we went to her house and we taught here about Heavenly Father's Plan for her and it was a good lesson and our member present added a strong testimony as well and at the end Sarah prayed and she promised to Heavenly Father that she was going to come to church on Sunday and then we said great we will see you on Sunday and we left and then the best part is what happened yesterday so she came to church just as she promised and she did not only come to Sacrament Meeting but she came to church for the whole 3 hours and for me that was just a great blessing for me to see that the last 2 months of work was not just for nothing I know that Heavenly Father has a special plan for all of his children and so that is why I do not give up on Heavenly Father's children because I know that there is a time that is right for them for accepting the plan that Heavenly Father has for them and that is what I do as a missionary I just help his children know for themselves just how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love them because I know that he loves us all very much and I know that he will not lead us astray but he wants all of us to be able to return to him and all that he has prepared for us there.

I know that we are all here on Earth for a reason and that he has work for us to do and I know that as we search that out we will be able to know for ourselves through prayer and personal revelation what it is that our Father in Heaven would have us do. Prayer and personal revelation are two powerful tools that we have here on Earth along with the scriptures to really find out and know of a surety of the the love and the guidance that our Father in Heaven gives us. I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves and that Jesus Christ also lives and loves us and I know that as we continue to seek out or ask of God in prayer what it is that he wants or needs us to do he will tell us and he will help us accomplish all that he needs us too I am so thankful for this chance that I have to be able to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all of Gods children here in the Philippines and I know that many blessings will come to all of us as we continually seek to follow Jesus Christ's example and become more like him so that we can be ready in preparation for when he comes again.

Love,
Elder Chilson        

No comments:

Post a Comment