Monday, May 7, 2018

Earthquake!

Hello Everyone, 

May has arrived so wherever you are that means that there should be Spring now except for where I am where summer started in March we sort of skipped over Spring here in the Philippines but that is okay there is not much that I can do about it I am just living it up under the sun day in and day out. This past week I saw that some prophecies were fulfilled to be exact it was Saturday afternoon roughly 1:30pm me and Elder Abrigo were outside in a forest type setting in the middle of a lesson and then I experienced for the first time in my life a real live Earthquake! Now please do not worry it was not a very big earthquake the Earth did not split open in two but I did feel the Earth shake beneath my feet and I was sort of taken off guard and Elder Abrigo told me that it was an earthquake and I was like wow this is cool and then he asked me if I felt it and I said yes I do and it was only like 5 minutes I think it was not very big but strong enough to feel it and I do not now if it was in the whole Philippines I think that it was only where I was at the time because I do not know if you are aware but I am close to a very large volcano the Mayon Volcano in Legazpi so that is what the people were saying here was because of the volcano the earthquake occurred as a result here in the Bicol Region and overall I though that it was an interesting experience. 

Now I said at the beginning that prophecies were fulfilled because when I entered the MTC in Manila that is what most of the leaders told us missionaries when we were there was that we should prepare for an earthquake because the Philippines was overdue I guess for an earthquake I am not real sure on the science behind all that but that is what they told us so I sat there thinking to my self wow I might be able to experience an earthquake while I am on my mission but what ended up happening was 2 Christmas ago we had the Super Typhoon and the last week the small earthquake occurred so that is what normally happens I guess when you live on islands the people here are pretty used to it the natural disasters do not phase them at all they just roll with whatever come but for me it has been pretty interesting for me especially me being a boy from New York where the only natural disaster that occurs is the occasional blizzard and ice storm and now I am here in the heat and opposite of snow, but I now that Heavenly Father is in control of it all and that he sent me here to the Philippines for reasons that I have discovered since I have been here and for other reasons that I probably will not find out until I return to America. 

I know that sometimes we need to exercise patience in the one who knows all I know that Heavenly Father knows each and everyone of his children perfectly and individually and he knows what we really need and what is best so sometimes we may feel that we are worthy of certain blessings and we will be expecting certain blessing to come to us but sometimes they do not come and sometimes we can ask ourselves over and over why this happened or why did we receive these results but I now that as we continue on the road that we are traveling on (the road that leads us back to our Father in Heaven) with faith in Christ and patience we will see the hand of the Lord in our lives and in time we will see the things that we could not see the first time if you now what I mean I know that as we always turn to our Father in Heaven in prayer he will come and comfort us and rescue us from whatever situation that we might be in and he will never leave us alone. 

Love,
Elder Chilson           

No comments:

Post a Comment