Monday, May 21, 2018

My Brother Samuel

Hello Everyone,

So this past week we had transfers and Elder Abrigo got transferred and I got a new companion which means we now have a new Zone Leader as well here in the Pamplona Zone so that is very exciting because my new companion is Elder Teisina and he is from New Zeland and he is super nice I know him pretty well because he was part of the first group of missionaries that I met while I served in the Mission Office. We also have several new missionaries here in the Pamplona Zone and that is exciting as well even though it is really hot right now here in the Philippines we are still working hard and doing our best to fulfill our purpose as missionaries for the Lord.

This past week we had the National Day of Service here in the Philippines and  I was excited for that and we were able to provide some community service so to speak we worked with some of the members here in Sipocot and we cleaned up garbage along the roads and we also cleaned at the church as well we ended up cleaning some of the windows and and basically the outside of the church for me I just enjoyed being able to work with the members here in the Sipocot Branch all unified in one specific cause. Unity is something that is sometimes hard to find in a large group of people especially a lot of people coming from many different walks of life but I know that Heavenly Father sees us only one way as his children it is not important to him if we have to most expensive car or the largest house and we have a lot of ice cream stocked in our freezers what is important is that we love our neighbors we help them when they need help and we comfort them when they need it that is what Jesus did when he was here on Earth he helped those that were in and right now I would like to share a scripture from the Old Testament because I think that it will be a good reminder for all of us and this is one of my favorite scriptures in the Old Testament and it shares the name of my younger brother Samuel so of course that makes it special for me it is found in 1 Samuel chapter 16 verse 7 and it reads, "But the Lord said unto SamuelLook not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because have refused himfor the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on thoutward appearancebut the Lord looketh on the heart." I think that if everyone would remember this then we would have less problems here in the world and we would more easily be able to become like our Savior and Master Jesus Christ because Heavenly Father sees a lot more that we can that is something that I think I have gained more understanding about since I have been here on my mission that Heavenly Father's perspective is a lot broader and clear than our perspective so we need to continue to do our best to become like his son Jesus Christ so we can prepare to receive ultimately Eternal Life or the life that our Father in Heaven has I know that is what he wants for each and everyone of his children and I am once again so honored and blessed for the opportunity that I have received so that I can help his children become ready to return back to their Father in Heaven, I know that he loves us very much and that as we turn to him in prayer often he will come running to our aid and he will be there to help us and support us in whatever we might be going through at that time. 

Love,
Elder Chilson       

No comments:

Post a Comment