Monday, March 5, 2018

Ground Breaking

Hello Everyone,

Nothing really all that exciting happened this week other than the "Ground Breaking" that took place here in Sipocot last Saturday. So everyone here in Sipocot is pretty excited because they are going to have a new chapel here in Sipocot that was what the "Ground Breaking" was about and for me it was fun because some of my friends from Naga City came up as well to see it or at least some of the local leaders of the church that I used to work with while I worked in President Zapanta's Office before when I was an "Office Elder" so it was nice to seem and for me it was just an exciting time to see how the church has grown since the past because they have been waiting for close to 8 years I think for this new chapel to be built because the chapel that they have now is a little too small for them and for it just shows have hard the past missionaries and members have worked here in Sipocot to move the Lord's work forward and now they are seeing the blessings because of it even though I will not be around to see the new chapel finished I am still excited for the people here in Sipocot they deserve it.

Me and Elder Abrigo worked pretty hard this week and I sweated a lot no joke it was pretty hot this week we walked a lot and we did our best to find some new investigators to meet our goals that we have for the month of March and April and here in the mission I have really learned about how important goals I have never really set goals in my life I do not really thing before I came here in the mission but I know that goals are the way that the Lord has designed for his missionaries to accomplish his work and of course as a Zone Leader here in the Pamplona Zone I need to set the example for the other missionaries in my zone and if I am not able to achieve my goals that I have set what are the other missionaries going to be thinking, that Elder Chilson and Elder Abrigo have not achieved their goals this month so me and my companion do not have to achieve mine either. Now that for me is simple to handle because for me in life and here as a missionary in the Philippines it is unacceptable to give anything less than my best and I think that a large part of achieving goals in having the right attitude so I know that if I can set a good example to the other missionaries and help them to have a good attitude then we are going to be okay, we are going to be able to achieve our goals with the Lords help so those are some of the things that I have been doing this week is just working hard to be able to achieve my goals for my zone and ultimately for the Lord because I know that he will not leave us alone but I know that he is always there to help us whenever we ask for his help. 

I know that as we continue to do all that we can to be the kind of people that the Lord expects us to be then we will be blessed with heavenly help that is meant just for us. I know that we are all Children on God and that we need to help our friends and our families be ready for the time when our time on Earth is done and we get to go and return to our Father in Heaven I know that he is cheering us on and as we continue to make right choices here on Earth we will be just that much more ready to return to our heavenly home. 

Love,
Elder Chilson       

  

No comments:

Post a Comment