Monday, July 10, 2017

Office job vs. Working in the Community

Hello Everyone,

I hope that everyone is enjoying their summer, I am doing well and my week was pretty uneventful I didnt have any travels and nothing really that big happened, I spent a lot of time in the office and on the phone actually which is a little strange you might be thinking but that is what ended up happening. So I spent a lot of time this week contacting missionaries that had gone home already because what happens is that the Filipino's only have so much weight in their suitcase that they can take with them on the plane so they usually end up with too much stuff and they go over their 20kg limit and so they leave their other things with me and then I will ship it to them the trouble is before I can ship their stuff to them is that I have to have the money to do so they have to send me the money so I ship to them so to keep a long story short I spent a lot of time tracking down these now RM's and they did not leave any contact information so I have been talking to friends that I have here in Naga that met these missionaries when they were here I have been calling Mission Offices, Branch Presidents, Bishops, etc from where ever they live to try to track down these RM's but I managed to track down most of them and of course I filled orders and helped out with different activities that we have coming soon.

I do not really have that any fun stories to tell and anything to share like that right now so I thought that I would share a question with all of you that was asked to me by one of my friends and I think that it is applicable to all of you if you have any questions like this or anything at all you can always ask me so this person asked me. "Would you say that you prefer your office job or working in the community?" I thought that was a great and fair question so this was my response, "I would say that I love both of them they both have pros and cons because in the office I help all of the missionaries that are here in the Philippines Naga Mission and if I work in the community then I am helping all of the people that live in the community so for me it is a win-win because regardless of the outcome I am helping people in various ways and that is what I want to accomplish while I am here serving my mission for 2 years just nonstop helping people because I know that when I am helping people I am pleasing God at that same time and that is what makes me the most happy and I am so thankful for this opportunity I have been given to do just that in the Philippines."

I hope that gives a little bit more perspective to my work here in the Philippines, this week we got a lot of work done as well in Cararayan which was awesome. Hopefully we will have a baptism this Saturday if everything goes through last time we had some trouble with parental consent but now things should be okay you will all fine out next week. We had a great lesson this week where we went to a house of an investigator and then we brought some members with us and we met up at the house of the investigator and we had a great lesson the power of members is so real and it is awesome and we also had some other great visits with members that live in our area and we had 6 investigators which was awesome but honestly I thought that we were going to have more than 10 so we will try again next week and see what happens but I think that there are some big things that are going to be happening in Cararayan and I am excited about that. I know that this church is true and I know that this the work of the Lord and I am so blessed to be a part of it in more ways than I can count. 

With Love,
Elder Chilson    

No comments:

Post a Comment