Monday, February 12, 2018

Solid Work Week

Hello Everyone,

This week was a pretty solid work week nothing super exciting happened but it was a pretty fun week as well. I cannot believe that this is the start of the last week of Elder Denoy's training it seems that we have not been together for that long but believe it or not we have been together for almost 12 weeks now so at the end of this week his training will be finished. This past week I had a lot of exchanges, on funny experience I had this past week was that I got to work with Elder Petersen in Daet because this past week I had exchanges with the Zone Leader's because he is a Zone Leader in the Daet Zone and I actually enjoyed it a lot because if you can remember Elder Petersen was my companion while I was in the MTC in Provo and in the MTC in Manila so we know each other pretty well but this was like the first time that we have been in the same zone together and so it was really interesting to be able to work together again and the fact that me and Elder Petersen both can speak and understand Tagalog helped so much because when we were in the MTC together we did not always understand what we were saying to each other or what our investigators were saying either while we were in the MTC. So for me it was pretty funny and it so amazing for me to see that Heavenly Father knows for real what we need I am not really sure why me and Elder Petersen were brought back together here in the Daet Zone after us being together in the MTCs but I know that Heavenly Father knows what we need so he will put us in situations where we can learn and we can grow because he knows what is best for each of us. 

This week me and Elder Denoy helped some of our investigators come closer to baptism which I think is great but the whole marriage this is what we will be waiting on here in Paracale for the next little bit because the government right now in the Philippines is changing the process by which people can get married so we are waiting on the final verdict on that (or at least that is what I am being told I do not really know that much about the Filipino Government) anyways we have two part member families that we are working with right now and that are pretty cool but the only problem is they are not yet married so hopefully by March me and Elder Denoy will be able to sort all of that out and we are also constantly finding new investigators so me and Elder Denoy are just keeping things rolling here in Paracale this place I think is a place that has been prepared by the hand of the Lord for his children to accept the gospel so that is what I have been doing my best to do is to invite other people to Come unto Christ and to partake of his gospel.

I know that when I accepted my mission call to become a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I told Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that I was going to do anything and everything that was in my power to help Heavenly Father's children be able to return to him and that I was going to have to make sacrifices in the process, and I know that the sacrifices that I have made are all going to be balanced out in the end and I know that my efforts on the Lord's Errand will not be wasted but that the rewards will be so much greater so I am just going to continue give all that I have to this work because I know that this is the work of the Lord and that Jesus Christ is at the head of this church and I know that as we continue to center our lives around our Savior Jesus Christ we will be blessed in more ways than we will be able to count. 

Love,
Elder Chilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment