Monday, February 19, 2018

Pamplona Zone

Hello Everyone,

This week was another week full of surprises because everything was leading up to last night with the transfer announcements because everyone wants to know who was going to get transferred and who was going to stay in their areas so last night I got the call from my Zone Leaders and they said that I was going to be transferred and I was not that surprised I sort of got the feeling that I was going to be transferred but then I also got the feeling that me and Elder Denoy could stay another transfer here together in Paracle so I was torn but at any rate I accepted the assignment to be the new Zone Leader in the Pamplona Zone and I was really surprised I was not expecting to go the the Pamplona Zone and become a Zone Leader but that is sometimes how the life of a missionary is the most unexpected things are the things that usually come to pass and that is something to me that strengthens my testimony about revelations because I know that President Zapanta receives revelation for the Philippines Naga Mission and he does not just tell the missionaries where to go and what to do but he tells the missionaries what the Lord wants them to do and where they should go so I am excited for this opportunity as a District Leader before I was in charge of 8 missionaries and now I will be in charge of a whole zone and 18 missionaries so I am excited for the challenge and for all the opportunities that lie ahead for me to be able to help and serve the other missionaries in my zone.

Also this week I cannot believe that I am saying this mostly because on the calendar it says that it is February right now but in the Philippines Naga Mission summer has officially started and it is really hot for me I think that it is hotter in Paracale as opposed to Naga City but it is still hot and another thing that I did for the first time this week was I patched up my pants this past week because I got a hole in one of my pairs of pants the hole was not that big it was about the size of a small nail and then I said to myself I can handle this and then I did my best to patch it up and I am not a professional sewer by any imagination but I think that I did a pretty okay job. This week me and Elder Denoy had a lot of fun I think that he really enjoyed his training and he learned a lot as well and he for sure he learned how to work hard something that he was not that used to before he came on the mission and no joke yesterday we walked over 3 miles in the heat I am sure that you can picture that anyone who knows me know that I work just as hard as anyone and I will not let anything get in the way of the Lord Work.

My new companion pala is a Filipino I know him pretty well we have both been on our missions now for a little while his name is Elder Abrigo and he is pretty nice I am not really that surprised because most of my companions that I have had on my mission have been Filipinos so I think that it will be fun and I am excited for the adventures that lie ahead in Sipocot I am sure that there are many people there that are waiting to hear the Gospel and I am going to be one of the people to take it to them and that for me right now means everything. Now is the time that I have to give my all to the Lord and his work and I am doing my best to now waste the time that he has given me to do so and I know that this church is true and that Jesus Christ lives and I know that he is our Savior and that he loves us very much and I know that as we turn to him he will come to our aid and support us when we are feeling down and we are in need of comfort and we will be able to feel of his love that he has for us and we will be able to continue on our pathways that lead back to our Father in Heaven.

Love,
Elder Chilson            

No comments:

Post a Comment