Monday, June 19, 2017

Baptisms

Hello Everyone,

First off Happy Father's Day to of course my father and all the other father figures in my life (you know who you are) Thank you for your patience and love that you have expressed to me over the years and of course all of the advice and wisdom you have given me as well to help me get to this point in my life has been much appreciated and will never be forgotten. This was a pretty busy week for me but it was very rewarding for me at the same time. So this week I was able to baptize one of my real investigators that I actually taught a substantial amount to for the first time which was awesome for me it was a great feeling and I hope that I get another opportunity to experience that feeling again (All of you who have served missions before know what I am talking about) I dont really have any other way to describe it. 

So this week in all I had 3 baptisms which was the most I had ever had in a week on my mission so it was really exciting and the fact that it was while I was in the office as well only made it that much more special but like I said that things were a little crazy this week one reason was that we changed area this week. So to no complicate things to much I will just give a simplified version of what happened so last week was transfer week and surprisingly enough me and Elder GO got transferred but we did not get transferred out of the office but out of our area of the Naga 2nd Ward so we got transferred to Cararayan which is an area in the Naga 3rd Ward surprisingly enough so that was kind of surprising to us but of course no problem for me and Elder Go the only problem was that we had these baptisms this week so we got permission from President Zapanta to follow through on these baptisms that is what we did this past week we finished these baptisms and confirmations in the Naga 2nd Ward and now we are on to the Naga 3rd Ward and Cararayan and we are pretty excited about that. 

For me it is just kind of weird all around because all of you who live in Rochester, NY know what I am talking about for me it was just like me moving from the Roch 3rd Ward to the Roch 4th Ward it is just like that here with the Naga 2nd and 3rd Wards one is in the morning and one in the afternoon and they meet in the same building and all that so it just brings back a lot of feelings and experiences from back home which is cool because I have experienced that and it just strengthens my testimony that I know that I know this church is perfect anywhere in the world and that it will fill all the nations even the whole Earth because this church and the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for all of God's children not just one particular group. 

So everything went well with transfers this week as well if you were wondering I got to do a little traveling as well I went to Ragay which is in the Pamplona Zone about 1 and a half hours from the Mission Office and of course I drove the missionaries that went home to the airport and I drove the new batch of missionaries to the Mission Office and Mission Home. Other than that I did some miscellaneous things with mission vehicles and orders that different missionaries have. Also we have a set of Senior Couple Missionaries coming to my mission on Friday so we are very excited for that as well they are Americans from UT so as an Office Elder I will be ready and willing to help them with whatever they need to make their transition from their regular lives and the MTC to the Mission Field as smooth as possible so I am excited for that responsibility as well. I hope that all of you are enjoying summer wherever you and that you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Chilson      




     

No comments:

Post a Comment