Monday, April 10, 2017

Happy Easter

Hello Everyone and Happy Early Easter,

I cannot believe that yesterday was Palm Sunday (at least here in the Philippines) time is crazy right now as we have our choir performance/concert on this coming Saturday and I still do not know all the songs we are singing some songs in English songs that all of you would probably be familiar with from Hymnals and Easter type music and songs about Jesus Christ and then we are singing one song in Bicol which is pretty hard for me but it will be okay and then there are some songs as well that we are going to sing in Tagalog but they are not that bad. I will say that I have sung in English Spanish and French  but singing in Tagalog or Bicol is very different because of the way the languages are but it is okay because I have gotten used to it now so it will be fine. 

This week we spent a lot of time finding new people to teach that is just a part of the missionary work that I am a part of, if we do not have anyone to teach then we are not really doing our jobs effectively because in simple terms I am here in the Philippines right now to teach people about Jesus Christ and if I am not teaching people I am just wasting my time and we all know that I am not about wasting time so sometimes it is difficult because there are people here that do not want to talk to us or there are people that do not want to talk to me because I am a white American here in the Philippines but that is just all part of my job right now so it does not bother me I know that everyone has there own agency even though I know the effects of someone listening to the message that I have and the joy that they will feel because of it but I cannot force anything one anyone it is just as simple as that. 

I really enjoyed General Conference as well (if you do not know what that is I will explain) General Conference is a big meeting that we have as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints every 6 months, it is a worldwide meeting where all the members of the LDS Church tune in to listen to the words of what we believe to be a living prophet like in the days of Biblical Prophets we believe that we have one right now on the Earth and his name is Thomas S. Monson and of course other Church Leaders as well they give talks about different Gospel Principles and uplifting things sorry I cannot really explain more because my time is limited but if you have any other questions you can ask someone who is a member of the LDS church and I am sure they would be happy to help you. Anyways I really enjoyed the General Conference this past weekend and I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true living Prophet of God and because I know he is a true Prophet of God I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ now on the Earth. I hope that all of you have a great Easter Sunday and continue to partake of the special Easter Season.

Love,
Elder Chilson          


 Elder Brown he is padjaking with some children.

 Elder Chilson and Nanay Segovia 
He provided service for her.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment