Monday, December 4, 2017

New Companion

Hello Everyone,

This was another very interesting week for me. So first off on Wednesday I found out who my new companion was and it is Elder Denoy he is a Filipino and he is from around Letye which is in the Philippines Tacloban Mission and he is really cool, I think that I am really going to enjoy training him. We have started things off great we have a new area a new District Leader (That is Me) we have awesome Recent Convert Members that work with us which is great as well everything seems to be rolling in the right direction for us right now in Paracale. I did get to do some fun things as well this week like carrying a bag of wet sand up a mountain that was a very interesting experience. I had never gone up into the mountains here in the Philippines yet like I did last Saturday and it was a lot of fun the life up in the mountains is a lot different than the life in the cities or towns but if that is the kind of lifestyle that you want to have than I would say go for it. They do not really have electricity up in the mountains here so that can be difficult but sometimes you have to make sacrifices would you rather have electricity or would you rather have food? Those are some of the things that people in Paracale are facing sometimes it is very hard to find a job and keep a job for a long period of time so obviously that can be difficult when you are trying to support a family.

The members here in Paracale are very nice and they are willing to give ans sacrifice so much which I think is awesome especially when me and Elder Denoy are pretty new to an area the help from the members is a huge help and I will be indebted to them I am sure, but we also had 7 investigators at church yesterday and I thought that was pretty good considering we did not get to work as much last week as we wanted to because we spent a lot of our time traveling at the beginning of the week because Paracale is pretty far away from Naga City, I am basically up in the Gold Fields so to speak because most of the people here in Paracale mine gold and that is their job and it is not an easy thing to do but I can say that I have see real gold but I hope to have some baptisms pretty soon and I can assure you that to that will be of greater worth to me than any amount of gold that someone could place before me.   

I just want to leave you with this that I know that be obedient even though it is hard to do in the world that we live in today will be of more greater worth in the next life to come like President Monson said I believe that we need to choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong. Our Father in Heaven is counting on us to make the right choices especially when we are faced with adversity. Satan wants us to throw in the towel and say I give up let me just commit this little sin and no one will find out but that is wrong we need to stand up and tell Satan to take a seat and tell him that he is not going to control our lives I know that can be very difficult sometimes and I have struggled with that as well from time to time but I know that as we continue to stay rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ we cannot go wrong and I hope that we all continue to draw nearer to our Savior Jesus Christ this Christmas Season

Love,
Elder Chilson  

No comments:

Post a Comment