Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas Present

Hello Everyone,

This week was a pretty crazy week and there were a lot of crazy things that happened but for me this past Saturday I got my Christmas present, this past Saturday I was able to baptize one of my investigators in the Pacific Ocean and that for me was my Christmas present because ever since I got here in the Philippines Naga Mission that was one of the things that I always wanted to do was to baptize someone in the ocean because when I got here in the mission I heard that there were some areas where you can baptize in the ocean because they do not have chapels or baptismal fonts and Paracale, where I am assigned right now is one of those places so that for me was great even though the weather was pretty bad. 

This past weekend we also had a sort of mini typhoon which was sort of a surprise to me but then we got the word that it was true so then we prepared our 72hr kits and everything to be ready in case of an emergency, because just like I explained last year that the months of October, November, December, January are the typhoon months of the wet season if you will here in the Philippines and so where I am serving in the Naga Mission there are a lot of typhoons that come this way I am do not really know why yet but it just always happens so last Christmas if you remember there was Super Typhoon Nina and so this Christmas hopefully that will not happen again but there is another typhoon-like storm coming this next week I think so hopefully it will not be that strong of a storm but the wind in these storms is crazy it is not like the wind in a blizzard that they have in NY the wind is really different. 

We also have some really awesome progressing investigators right now we have one whole family right now that is working towards baptism but the trouble is that they are not married yet so we are working on helping them to get married so by next month hopefully they will be able to get baptized but this family really reads the Book of Mormon and they really want to change and accept the gospel which I think is awesome. Yesterday there were not that many people that were able to come to the church because of the mini typhoon but the missionaries are working hard here in Paracale that is for sure to help the branch become stronger and gain more members so that one day they will be able to have a chapel here in Paracale.

I have my last Christmas Conference later which for me is crazy because I remember last year when I was young and new and di not know any missionaries and now I am going and I know like all the missionaries and I am not that new anymore in the mission but now I am a leader and the other missionaries look up to me and I am training as well which I still cannot really get over but it just shows me that the Lord is using us in his own way to accomplish the work that he has for us to do here on Earth, I know that we all have a purpose as to why we are doing what we are doing here on Earth at this time and I know that Heavenly Father loves us more than we can comprehend and especially at this Christmas time I know that as we think about Jesus Christ we will be able to feel of the love that Jesus and Heavenly Father have for us because we are his literal children and I hope that all of you have a Wonderful Christmas.

Love,
Elder Chilson 



No comments:

Post a Comment