Monday, December 11, 2017

Miracles

Hello Everyone,

This week for me was full of up and downs but in the end it ended out to be great. Me and Elder Denoy have been working really hard this week and yesterday turned out to be a day of miracles for me and Elder Denoy. First we were really blessed to have 8 investigators at church yesterday so that was like the beginning of a day full of miracles because yesterday before church it rained so hard and me and Elder Denoy were thinking that maybe our investigators were not going to be able to come to church because a lot of them are coming from the mountains and the roads are not that great there and we thought that maybe they were just going to get stuck in the mud so to speak so they were not going to come to church but regardless of the rain they came anyway and that was awesome. Then many other miracles happened throughout that day and at the end of the day at me and Elder Denoy saw the biggest miracle since I have been here in Paracale and what happened was last night we were just about to go home and we ended up finding 7 new investigators and that for us was huge because that is something that me and Elder Denoy have been working on for most of this week and what made it even more meaningful to us what that Saturday we spent the whole afternoon and I mean the whole afternoon just finding new investigators and we found not very many so that was tough but that is sort of missionary life sometimes but we kept our faith up and we kept praying and we stayed obedient and as always Heavenly Father delivers. 

Also another miracle that we saw yesterday was we had an investigator that passed his baptismal interview so that was great as well and so he is scheduled to be baptized this coming Saturday and he personally asked me if I would baptism him so that was an honor for me and this boy has made big changes in his life and of course because I am still kind of new to Paracale I do not know this boy very well but from what I have heard is that he has made big changes in his life and he really wants to get baptized and that to mean is one of the greatest things here on my mission that I have witnessed. We have some other investigators that have some potential and we have one family that we are working with and they are awesome they are really keeping their commitments that we have been giving them and they are just searching for the truth and hopefully  they will get baptized as well in the future because I think that it will make all the difference in their lives and help them get ready to be sealed in the temple forever and that is awesome as well for me as a missionary to help other people especially families become eternal that is for sure a great feeling.

I hope that we are all doing our best to share the gospel this Christmas Season, I know that as we do our best our Heavenly Father will be right there with us and that he will help us every step of the way he is always there for us even though sometimes I may seem like he is far away I know that he is the God of the whole Earth and he is everywhere and he wants us to succeed and this Christmas Season I hope that you can feel that too God loves us so much that he sent his son Jesus Christ here to Earth so that we can all return and live with him again, I cannot really imagine what it would feel like to give up my son because I do not have any yet but I am sure that it was a big sacrifice and as we continue to do all that we can to become more like Jesus Christ we will feel of his love that he has for us.

Love,
Elder Chilson            

No comments:

Post a Comment