Monday, February 13, 2017

New Companion

Hello Everyone,

This has been a crazy week and I cannot believe that tomorrow is Valentines Day!!! Pretty soon it will be Easter it is crazy how the time is moving. So my new companion is a native as well which is sort of tough getting back into their sort of culture and the way that they do things because they do things differently that foreigners do as they are called here in the Philippines but that is okay it is all part of the mission and my call to serve here in the Philippines. We have been working a lot this week on finding more investigators because we are trying to strive with the mission goal of weekly baptisms but we need to have the right kind of investigators to achieve that so we are just working hard to get there to continue to do our best to find the people that are ready for the message that we have. 

So my new companions name is Elder Campo he is from around Manila and he has been on his mission for a while now here in the Naga Philippines Mission so I am excited for all the things that I will learn from him. I speak Tagalog all the time now which is fun and some Bicol as well we have just been walking and walking and walking we have basically walked our whole area just finding and teaching the people that are in the most need of our message sorry nothing else that exciting has happened this week. I had pig tongue for the first time last night for dinner and it was harder to put down that I thought but I got it down I thought it was more of a jello type at first glance but it was a lot more chewy than that but it was okay. 

I know that Jesus Christ is at the head of this church and that this is his Church that he created from the will of his Father, I know that the First Vision and that all that Joseph saw and heard was true the Holy Ghost has borne testimony to my heart that that is all true and that is the message that I am sharing with the people of the Philippines the message of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ or in other words the things that I know are true with my whole heart those are the things that I am sharing to the people that I meet and talk to. I love this work very much and I hope all of you guys have a great week.
Love,
Elder Chilson       

No comments:

Post a Comment