Monday, November 20, 2017

Final Tour

Hello Everyone,

This past week was my last week in the mission office and it was for sure one to remember. This past week I was able to travel to every zone in the mission which is something that is not done very often, but that was I guess my final tour so to speak because I found out today to my surprise that I am going to be transferred out of the office now and I will be transferring to Paracale an area in the Daet Zone this is arguable the furthest area away from the mission home in the mission. So this is going to be a huge change for me because as most of you know I have been in the Naga Stake for all of my mission up to this point so I am pretty excited to see how things are in different area of the mission, I know a lot of people and members in the Naga area so that is going to be a little different getting to know new people but I am sure that I will get used to it, Paracale is a town basically on the beach, it is on the coast of the ocean so I think that will be exciting and for sure a different experience than here in the office where it is all concrete walls that I see. 

Change is a big part of our lives here on Earth and a fancy word for change is repentance and so at this time I just thought that I would add in that I know that repentance is a gift that we have been given from our Heavenly Father to be able to change so that we do not have to be the same person our whole lives, but that we can change and become better that whatever mistakes we made yesterday they become wiped away because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I know that the power of the Atonement is real and I have a testimony of that.

On another side note, some of you probably remember that I was diagnosed with Dengue a few months ago there were two missionaries from the Goa Zone that were diagnosed with Dengue this past week as well so that was interesting to sort of being on the other end of that and I was able to help out in the hospital and with other things for those sick missionaries and that was a great experience, service I also know is a universal principle and that something that we should all be a part of especially as the Christmas Season is drawing near, we are celebrating Christ's birth after all for me it just makes sense that we should be doing the things that he did while he was here on the Earth like I mentioned last week the miracles, the "being a friend" type of moments, the putting others first before himself sort of mentality, the care, the love, and support that he gave to other people was just so great that we cannot even really comprehend it all but I know that he lived here on Earth for a time and completed his mission and then his father called him back home so he came out of the tomb and rose on the third day and then ascended into heaven after he had performed all his labors, that was then he received his crown of glory I know that can be the same for all of us as well that after this life there are many mansions waiting for us and we will be able to inherit all that Heavenly Father has in store for us. I hope that everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving has a very Happy Thanksgiving and that they have the opportunity to watch a lot of football and they get to spend a lot of time with their family or friends. 

Love,
Elder Chilson      



   

No comments:

Post a Comment